Tabladas

History

According to the Marqués de la Ensenada Cadastre, there was a famous loan, called “de Tabladillo”, from which it is said that the name of Tabladas came from. In this cadastre, the agriculture and livestock are described. It is also here where it is officially certified as the origin of the Rio Tuerto.

In his day the traditional productions were rye, potatoes, flax, pastures and vegetables; that of breeding cattle, goats and sheep; hunting partridges, hares, wolves, wild boars and foxes, and trout fishing.

 

Then there were wood charcoal and flax yarn manufacturing. In the middle of the 20th century, there was the mining boom that generated good wages. Heather charcoal was also made, which was abundant throughout the area, through a curious artisanal system with small mounds.

Location

District belonging to the Municipality of Villagatón. It is located at 1140 meters, within the Comarca de La Cepeda. It is located north of Requejo and is the northernmost town of La Cepeda.

POBLACIÓN

8 inhabitants (INE 2020)

FIESTAS DE INTERÉS

February 4 San Blas
TOURISM

Tourism in Tabladas

Points of Interest

Tabladas

Fountain of the Nuns

Known by that name because there was a nunnery.
Tabladas

Windmill

Old water mill used to grind cereal to obtain flour.
Tabladas

Church of Santa Maria Magdalena

Its construction dates from the end of the 18th century. In it was the well-known reliquary of Saint Apollonia, corresponding to the 18th century, which houses two miniature ivory virgins from the 13th and 14th centuries. Currently, this reliquary is in Astorga.

Hiking Trails

Menu

menuchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-right Skip to content