Corús

History

Etymologically, Corús is "a genitive that denotes possession" or belonging to someone.

It appears documented for the first time in 1027 together with Castrillo de Cepeda and Ucedo, although traditionally it is said that it was fused with Requejo, the town closest to this town and that it is closely related in its form and content.

It has a tiny and peculiar hermitage that some call it San Martín and others San Juan. The latter seems to be due to the Order of Hospitallers, which, as we already know, was settled in various towns of La Cepeda, especially at the top of Cueto de San Bartolo. It is believed that it was originally dedicated to San Martín.

 

The parish priest and writer Esteban Carro Celada, who was popular in this land, stood out. He made a series of black drawings preserved in the hermitage and edited a parish newspaper. He was chosen as "Cepedano of the Year" by Artists and Writers in the area. A fountain has been built that gives this town a special charm. Its people were dedicated to agriculture and livestock.

Location

District belonging to the Municipality of Villagatón. It is located at 1036 m, within the La Cepeda region. It borders Los Barrios de Nistoso, Requejo, Valbuena and Villagatón.

POBLACIÓN

45 inhabitants with Requejo (INE 2020)

FIESTAS DE INTERÉS

May 15 San Isidro

RUTAS

TOURISM
BUSINESS

Tourism in Corús

Points of Interest

Corús

La Mata area

Recreation area with children's games, sandbox and outdoor exercise area.
Corús

Fountain

With cold water throughout the year.
Corús

Stone

In one of the houses of the town, we can find a stone embedded with engravings of swords and dated from 1634.
Corús

Ermita San Martín or San Juan

Temple of the late 19th century.

Hiking Trails

Companies in Corús

Business Directory

Contrucciones Javier y Benito
Construction.

Menu

phone-handsetmenuchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-right Skip to content